Wednesday, February 8, 2012

In The Beginning...


Hi Everyone!

My Name is Millie!

This is the story of my life.  As I arrive to my new home, learn new things and grow you can follow my story.  Of course, it's up to my Mama to keep you updated and posted.  I will try to remind her, but for now, I'm only 7 weeks old (I think) so I will be very busy playing and chewing things up.  You might want to keep my Mama on track.

My Story begins like this:

My Mama and Papa lost their other girl at the age of 5 1/2 due to kidney failure and have been missing her very much.  Her name was Goober.  (I'm VERY glad Mama decided to name me something nice like Millie... Even though it is a referrence to her favorite light amber colored beverage. I don't know what she's talking about, but if you figure it out you can tell me when I'm older and stealing it out of the coolers) 

Anyway... to get on with my story, I have a brother Jake who is 5 and is 100 pound Golden Retriever.  I also have a sister, Maggie, who is 3 and she is a 15 pound Jack a__.. I mean, Russell. (I haven't met her yet, but I have heard stories.   Mama and Papa Love her VERY much, but,  APPARENTLY because of HER I am not allowed to have a rawhide when she's around, but I will grow up bigger than her so... )  I am very excited to meet them!  I am also very excited to meet my Mama and Papa!

Remember.. I'm a puppy.. my mind wanders (so does mom's).. so to continue:

My Mama pestered and pestered  the Papa guy, insisting that Jake needed another "big" dog puppy to play with at home.  Nevermind they own a Doggie Daycare (which we will get into later) and Jake has many friends to play with all day long.

After a week or so of whining, Mama got her way! (I will be trying this approach myself when I don't want to be in my kennel).   She put it all over Facebook. (you know what that is, right?  It's a way to tell the WHOLE world when you are going to the bathroom, or what you are cooking for supper, I guess).  Within a day she was sent a message about me and a picture the following day.  We can't blame her for what I'm about to say:

She fell in LOVE with me!

So...I will arrive at my new home on February 18th, 2012. 

Mama already has my vet appointment set up (OUCH) and is on her way out shopping for my toys and puppy food and all the fun puppy stuff that I get! (Sorry Maggie, Mama loves ME too!)

Welcome to my life (A very very long life)! :)

3 comments:

  1. Millie you are the cutest baby ever!! I love your soft puppy ears:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Millie...you are so lucky to have these two awesome people as your mommy and daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with this blog, and Miss Millie, too!

    I hope you post a lot. You write beautifully...this is gonna be fun.

    See you next week.

    M

    ReplyDelete